Elevate is here to give you resources which uplift you and support your efforts to improve your community. We've listed some events here which you can participate in, but more importantly can give you inspiration on holding your own inspirational space! Online discussions, story-telling, prayer meetings, musical expressions -- there are a plethora of ways in which you can engage others to raise spirits, even if just for a moment. The events listed are not run by the Elevate Team, and are here for your convenience. If you've got an event you think might be suitable, contact us to let us know.
Hosting your own Event
Elevate's weekly collections make it simple and easy to invite friends to an uplifting online space where inspirational material can be shared. Download the material, host a Zoom call and enjoy a beautiful moment with friends and loved ones.
1. To get started, download a collection which connects to your heart. Our collections are provided in PDF format to be universally accessible. A PDF reader will be needed to view and share these collections; an internet browser can also be used, but might make things difficult.
2. Open the PDF file to check it's working, then open Zoom and invite your friends for a call.
3. Share your screen of the PDF window. Look for "Full Screen Mode" under the "View" menu. Alternatively, press "Ctrl + L" on your keyboard if you're using Adobe Acrobat, "Ctrl + F" on your Mac, or "F11" if you're on your Internet browser.
4. Use the arrow keys to navigate pages of the collections.
5. To exit full screen mode, press "Esc" or the same combination used to enter full screen mode. Remember to stop screen sharing on Zoom.
If you're still a little unsure, take a look at the video tutorials below which should give you better idea of what this process looks like in action!
Hosting on a Mac.
Step 2 starts at 0:46; Step 3 starts at 01:30
Hosting on a Windows.
Step 2 starts at 01:09; Step 3 starts at 02:09