The Guardian’s Resting Place
Shoghi Effendi’s Resting Place.
Shoghi Effendi (1897-1957), Guardian of the Bahá’í Faith, is buried in the New Southgate Cemetery, Brunswick Park Road, New Southgate, London N11 1JJ (in north London). His Resting Place is a special place of prayer and reflection for Bahá’ís from all over the world.
The gate to the enclosure is open daily from 09:30-173:0hrs.
All visitors are asked to kindly observe the following regulations until further notice:
- No more than six people should pray at the monument at any one time;
- Social distancing of two metres must be maintained, both within and outside of the enclosure;
- Friends should refrain from putting their heads on, or touching, the marble steps of the monument;
- Social interactions should be limited to the close friends or the household you are visiting the Resting Place with;
- Please refrain from gathering outside the enclosure and conversing in close proximity with anyone outside of your own visiting group.
Your kind cooperation is deeply appreciated.
The Custodians can be contacted at anytime on: