The Guardian’s Resting Place
Shoghi Effendi’s Resting Place.
Shoghi Effendi (1897-1957), Guardian of the Bahá’í Faith, is buried in the New Southgate Cemetery, Brunswick Park Road, New Southgate, London N11 1JJ (in North London). His Resting Place is a special place of prayer and reflection for Bahá’ís from all over the world.
The gate to the enclosure is open daily from 0930-1630hrs*.
* 1 April - 31 October 9.30 - 1730
1 November - 31 March 9.30- 1630
- No more than one household (or bubble) should pray at the monument at any one time;
- Social distancing of two metres must be maintained, both within and outside of the enclosure;
- Friends should refrain from putting their heads on, or touching, the marble steps of the monument;
- Please refrain from gathering outside the enclosure and conversing in close proximity with anyone outside of your own household group.
Your kind cooperation is deeply appreciated.
The Custodians can be contacted at anytime on: